Networking is critical in the staffing business. You’re constantly looking for both temporary workers and new clients to supply them to.
But you need to make sure you’re networking the right way. Here are five networking “don’ts” from MarketWatch:
1. Don’t misuse the internet. While networking sites such as LinkedIn are beneficial, nothing beats a face-to-face meeting.
2. Don’t be vague. Share specific details about what you can offer the contact. Don’t just throw business cards around or give them to dozens of people randomly.
3. Don’t stop. Keep networking even when you think you don’t need it. You never know when those contacts can come in handy.
4. Don’t be selfish. Don’t use networking only for your own benefit. Help your contacts out as well by connecting them with other useful contacts or providing needed information.
5. Don’t misuse your network. You can check in with your contacts regularly, but avoid contacting them too often or for unnecessary reasons, like chain emails.
For more information on networking mistakes, read the full article by clicking here.