Search engine optimization is a critical part of any business’ digital presence, but it doesn’t have to be complicated. There are several ways to ensure that your staffing service both appears and ranks highly on search engines, bringing you more visibility and accessibility (and, ultimately, more business).
Here are our top five SEO tips that you can start implementing today.
1. Have a website. This may seem obvious, but in a world in which most consumers use some type of online tool to search for local products and services, it’s more important than ever. Even if it’s just a few pages, a website provides information on your staffing firm 24/7. Online tools such as Squarespace and WordPress make building a website quick and easy.
In addition, make sure your site is optimized for mobile use. Sixty-three percent of adult cell phone owners use their phones to go online, and you don’t want to miss out on this demographic.
2. Make sure you appear on Google Places. When potential customers search for a local staffing firm, you want to be sure that your business appears. Having a Google Places account ensures your firm’s basic information shows up on Google.com and Google Maps, and it only takes a few minutes to create.
3. Provide fresh content. Fresh content improves your rankings, so update your website frequently and consider implementing a blog, which allows you to share useful information for both existing and potential clients. (Bonus points if your CEO writes the blog — people love to read from an authoritative source.)
4. Run a pay-per-click campaign. You utilize print ads, so why not take advantage of digital ads as well? You can do this through Google AdWords. Make sure your ad is locally targeted, so when someone searches “Cleveland, Ohio, staffing firms,” for example, your firm pops up.
5. Optimize your website. This includes using SEO best practices, such as having the right tags, keywords, links and design. It can get tricky, so it may be in your best interest to hire an outsourced partner to ensure that you receive the maximum benefits.